Oct 12, 2011

Knee: A Design Flaw?

Jiu Jitsu is ruining my knee's. There, I said it. Whew...what a relief that is.

Ok, now that I have come to grips with it... How do I stop it? I am a heavy guy (6'2 240ish) and after a solid year and a half of grinding my knee's into peanut butter, I finally smartened up and started wearing knee pads. I think that I might be a little too late to reverse any damage. You see, I started wearing pads when my knee's were already hurting me. Knee pads are a preventative measure.
 I have to find a way to repair my joints. I take the Glocosamine/Chondroitin/MSM super supplement and find it doesn't help much. My knee's are chronically inflamed, in pain, and stiff. I know what the solution is, but it is too much to face right now....

I need to take a month off....

Mike.


UPDATE: I had a vicious cold over the last few weeks, that I can not seem to get rid of. My training is almost non existent as I try and get better. The one upside to all of this, is my knee's have healed nicely... There is little-to-no soreness in them....

Hmmm.this "rest" thing. perhaps I am on to something.... lol


No comments:

Post a Comment